Wednesday 16 May 2012

One thing to improve...

Day three - One thing to improve

Yesterday we gave ourselves and our loved ones a big pat on the back for one thing we are great at. Today let’s look at the flip-side. We probably all have one thing we could try to do better. Why not make today the day we start working on it. No judgements, no scolding, just sharing one small thing we can improve so the DOC can cheer us on!

A difficult one because no one is perfect! We could all do some things better and when it comes to diabetes I could probably improve on different things on different days. For instance some days I could check what i eat more frequently, other days I could do more exercise, in some hypo situations I could not panic eat and empty the fridge with a nice brew...so I'm sure we could all improve,

I can honestly say I have started to attempt at improving my HbA1c level by taking the simple step of keeping a book with my BM's  in and notes about things I might have done or eaten! It sounds easy and my DSN has been telling me to do it for years.

I have also as a result as this started watching what I eat and when! Sounds simple but it will hopefully help improve everything - blood levels, weight, medication, energy levels...

So today what I will say is to contribute to my energy levels and to try and help with everything else I will try and exercise every day even if its just a short walk. It was either this or try to protect my poor insulin pump more which has been through so much in its four years of life that I'm surprised it hasn't given up on me!! I have to date trapped it in the washing machine, the dishwasher and wrapped it around several car wing mirrors!I have converted to longer wires so it lands on the floor just when it falls off, i wear a cover on it in bed so it in protected from the dog, and quite often when I'm out and about have taken to hooking it onto my bra so people don't nudge it off in passing. Maybe its not an ordinary insulin pump... =)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment