Thursday 18 May 2017

Throwback Thursday - What brings me down

Today let’s revisit a prompt from 2014  Mental Health Month so now seems like a great time to explore the emotional side of living with, or caring for someone with, diabetes. What things can make dealing with diabetes an emotional issue for you and / or your loved one, and how do you cope? 


EVERYTHING. Simple and straight forward answer. Some days I feel like I can take on the whole world but other days I can't even face getting out of bed. So I push myself to try and think positively. Some days it's others that bring me down, other days it's me or the surroundings, it can be something that's happened or not happened that makes me feel off. 

For a long time now I've suffered with anxiety. It's hard to explain how it makes me feel, how scared I can be some days but others I'm ok. 

So let's bypass the negative and focus on the getting through it! 

Things that help me; 


  • My little O. His smile warms any room and he's my everything. 
  • My lovely hubs, who gives the best snuggles (even on day three of me falling asleep on the sofa pinning him to watching whatever to show I've left on) 
  • My family, all of them. There's always someone at the end of the phone. Whether they're listening or driving me potty with laughter they're amazing. 
  • My friends. All of them. They're understanding enough to know that sometimes we can go ages without speaking but catching up is like we've never been apart. 
  • My Jazzy. Gives amazing comfort. 
Laughter is something that everyone should aim for daily. Find a reason to smile and hold onto it. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment